The CAE and the protection of personal data
The main mission of the Fund (hereinafter CAE) is the management and payment of both family benefits and parental leave, in accordance with the provisions of Book IV of the Luxembourg Social Security Code.
As part of exercising its missions, the CAE (BP394 L-2013 Luxembourg) acts as a data controller, collecting and processing your personal data in compliance with the legal rules on data protection and private life.
As such, the CAE collects and uses all the personal data necessary for processing applications for family benefits and parental leave (analysis of the law, gathering all documents for the case file, payment), the processing of garnishments and transfers of family allowances, as well as the recovery of undue payments.
The personal data processed by the CAE, or part of them, may be communicated to other institutions with which it collaborates, when legal, regulatory or contractual provisions allow or require it.
These data can also be used for statistical purposes.
The CAE keeps your personal data in accordance with its legal obligations or for the period necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected.
Your rights regarding personal data protection
Under the conditions provided for by the regulations, you have the right to:
- Access the personal data we hold about you,
- Correct the data if it is inaccurate or incomplete,
- In certain circumstances, limit the processing of your personal data,
- Oppose the processing of your personal data if you believe that its processing is unlawful,
- Submit a complaint to the authority competent in matters of personal data protection in your country and/or the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg (National Commission for Data Protection - CNPD, located at 1, avenue du Rock’n’Roll,L-4361 Esch-sur-Alzette – www.cnpd.public.lu ).
You can address your questions relating the processing of your personal data and/or exercise your rights mentioned above,
- Either by sending us an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Or by regular mail to the attention of the Data Protection Officer of the CAE, BP394 L-2013 Luxembourg
In the interests of confidentiality and data protection, CAE must verify your identity before responding to your request. Thus, any request must be accompanied by a copy of an identity document.