Conditions for obtaining the actual birth allowance:
- The mother must undergo 1 postnatal examination by a doctor specialising in gynaecology and obstetrics. The form will normally be given to you either by the local authority of the child's birthplace or by your gynaecologist at the maternity hospital. If not, please download it here (french / german).
- The mother must be legally resident in Luxembourg or be affiliated with the Centre commun de la sécurité of Luxembourg at the time of the child's birth.
- The child must have been born viable (pregnancy has lasted more than 22 weeks).
- the gynaecologist completes the form at the postnatal visit with stamp and signature.
- once the form has been completed by the gynaecologist, it should be returned to the CAE together with a birth certificate for the newborn. Non-residents must attach a household composition certificate.
Birth allowance is prescribed after one year from the date of the child’s birth.