Working during education

If your child works during their studies or does a paid internship for more than four months a year, you are no longer entitled to child benefits if the student's gross monthly income from this activity is equal to or higher than the statutory minimum wage (SSM).

If your child is doing an apprenticeship in which the teaching periods are grouped together, the reference allowance is the average of the allowances calculated over a 12-month period corresponding to the school year.

To find out the amount of the SSM please refer to the social parameters of the Ministry of Social Security.   

Last update